Friday, June 27, 2014

Week 2 Shenanigans

My, my, time really does fly fast when you're having fun! This week has been full of new concepts, new code, and new business strategies that I can't wait to apply in the real world--where do I start?! I've been learning so much about strategies for a successful business this week, I feel like I could start my own company! So far, we have covered three of the main concepts of successful businesses, how to protect your software products, how to track your employees progress for their work, and how to predict what the "hot" fields will be 10 years from now. Its amazing--depending on the different types of products, different methods are used. For example Microsoft only uses simple licenses to sell their software, but the problem is with the license, anyone else can also use their software. The thing is, Microsoft sells its software for around $100 and has over a billion clients, so not only would it not be worth it to sue anyone, but it would be extremely time consuming to check up on each of the clients. On the other hand, there are companies like Oracle who sell their software for 15 million dollars, but have only 5,000 clients. Companies like Oracle have an encryption protecting their code, and constantly check to make sure the encryption isn't being broken/messed around with. If it is, they would take their client to court to protect their software and not go bankrupt. For monitoring employee progress, different websites are used for people to post on what they've been working on. This is much more efficient that checking on each employee individually. As for "hot" fields, cloud computing is the way to go, and lucky for me, thats what DataTorrent is all about! All these lessons will really help me grow as a businessman, and I can't wait to put my newfound skills to the test! Along with Python, I have also been focusing a lot on HTML and CSS (for website development of course)--along with some other projects, I have started building my own website! I really love website development, as there are so many different possibilities to create and so many different ways that you can achieve the aesthetics that you are going for--the flexibility of the code is really nice. Today is a very special day, and I am very, very excited! That's right, its Friday, which means we get take out food, compliments of the boss of course! We'll be having pizza from a new restaurant today, and I'm looking forward to pleasing my palate. But thats not the only reason today is a special day--TRANSFORMERS 4: AGE OF EXTINCTION IS COMING OUT, and I'm watching it tonight! I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment